Information

Dog blood in stool jelly like

Dog blood in stool jelly like


We are searching data for your request:

Forums and discussions:
Manuals and reference books:
Data from registers:
Wait the end of the search in all databases.
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.

Dog blood in stool jelly like consistency. What is it and what does it mean?

I have a question regarding the test results from my dog's stool sample. The results are that my dog has parasites. I did not know this before but I am really shocked that they are parasites because my dog has been going to the vet and going for tests since they found the parasites last September. She is now 7 1/2 years old. I never had any problems with her going to the vet and getting tests. I did read about what parasites could do for the dog. The vet told me that the stool sample may not be a perfect sample but I had to wait for a couple of weeks and that this sample would most likely change and show that my dog was actually sick. So it has been a couple of weeks since the test and I am really concerned. I do want to make sure that I have everything figured out. I will post my questions and will update the post with the results of what I find out.

First Question:

What could be the reason my dog has parasites. She has been to the vet a few times and has had tests done and the results are always negative. Is it possible that this stool sample may not be a perfect sample of the entire bowel. Could the reason for the parasites be in the colon and not in her large intestine?

Second Question:

What is the best treatment for my dog's parasites. I will be using medication from the vet but I do not want the medication to be used unless it is a real parasite and not something that is just a symptom of another problem. Do they usually prescribe different medication for each parasite?

Third Question:

If my dog has parasites, does this mean she is not going to get sick or will the parasites stay there and be treated?

Thank you very much.

If your dog has a bad stool, take a sample of it and take it to the vet. There is a test they can use on the stool that will tell them if it is full of parasites or not. If your dog has parasites, you will need to get on the treatment for them. If you wait to treat the dog till she gets sick, you may not be able to get them all. It's better to treat them now than to get your dog sick.

If your dog has a bad stool, take a sample of it and take it to the vet. There is a test they can use on the stool that will tell them if it is full of parasites or not. If your dog has parasites, you will need to get on the treatment for them. If you wait to treat the dog till she gets sick, you may not be able to get them all. It's better to treat them now than to get your dog sick.

Click to expand...

Thank you, I did take a sample to the vet and did the test.

Thank you, I did take a sample to the vet and did the test.

I am sorry if this question has been posted before, but I did not know how to search for answers to the questions. I hope that this is a valid question because it is important for me to know the best treatment and the consequences if the treatment does not work.

First Question:

What could be the reason my dog has parasites. She has been to the vet a few times and has had tests done and the results are always negative. Is it possible that this stool sample may not be a perfect sample of the entire bowel. Could the reason for the parasites be in the colon and not in her large intestine?

Second Question:

What is the best treatment for my dog's parasites. I will be using medication from the vet but I do not want the medication to be used unless it is a real parasite and not something that is just a symptom of another problem. Do they usually prescribe different medication for each parasite?

Third Question:

If my dog has parasites, does this mean she is not going to get sick or will the parasites stay there and be treated?

Thanks again.

Click to expand...

Parasites are a very common problem in dogs. If it's just a couple, they may not be that noticeable. If it's more than a few and you can't get them all, then she is probably not going to get sick. If they stay in the intestine and are not treated, she will eventually die of the parasites. That is what happens when you don't treat them. So she probably is not going to get sick, but she will need to be treated.

Thanks for the quick reply and information. I appreciate your help.

I have a very dear old friend that has a dog that has been sick for almost a year. My friend had her dog treated twice and they went for the 3rd treatment on Sunday. I am very afraid that the parasites will come back and that the dog will have to go to the vet for more treatment. I am trying not to worry but I do not know what to do. What is the best treatment? How often do they have to get this treatment? If they get it more than a couple of times, does that mean they will die or something? I have been reading up on all of the different things that they are doing to help the dog get better but it seems like there are so many different treatments. There are so many different things that I don't know if I am even reading about them correctly. I would be happy to hear what you know about this.

Thank you.

If you have a dog with parasites you are taking it to the vet for treatment.

If you have a dog with parasites you are taking it to the vet for treatment.

Click to expand...

I know that, but that is not what I meant. I was referring to the treatment given after the parasites have been cleared and the dog is no longer sick. Are all of the parasites killed off after they have been treated or do some stay there? It seems like all of the treatments are pretty much the same and only use a few different meds, but they are all for the same reason. If there is a good reason


Video, Sitemap-Video, Sitemap-Videos